To be eligible to enter the Academy, you must:
- Be at least 17 years of age and must not have passed your 25th birthday before July 1 in the year of entrance.
- Be a citizen of the United States either by birth or naturalization, except for a limited number of international midshipmen specially authorized by Congress.
- Meet the physical, security, suitability and character requirements necessary for commission in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Obtain a Congressional nomination to the Academy; submit a completed application; and qualify scholastically.
- Be of good moral character.
In order to receive a commission at graduation as an officer in a reserve component of the U.S. Armed forces, you will be required to complete an electronic form for a security clearance upon enrollment at the Academy. All questions must be answered accurately and truthfully so that your clearance is not delayed. To verify your place of birth, you will be asked to submit a certified copy of your birth certificate. Please address any inquiries about the security clearance to the Department of Naval Science (516-726-5787).