Policy and Procedures for Reservations
If you plan to reserve Melville Hall for your wedding reception, please note the following:
- A completed and signed application including the year of his/her graduation from the Academy. If not applicable indicate your Eligibility status.
- List at least 2 alternate dates in your application in case your first choice in not available.
- You should submit your application as soon as you choose a date. Applications are filed according to oldest postmark.
- On the first day of each month, all applications requesting dates in the month of the following year are officially answered. Requests for a specific date are granted according to the oldest postmarked application. This is the reason we request alternate dates.
- No verbal approvals for a date have precedence over written formal requests unless a signed contract has been executed.
- The Academy reserves the first right to use Melville Hall for official functions.
- On the first day of each month, all letters requesting dates in the month of the following year, are officially answered. Requests for a specific date are granted according to the oldest postmarked letter. This is the reason we request alternate dates.
- We will try to accommodate all who request use of Melville Hall, but be aware; there are sometimes, extenuating circumstances that may force us to go to an alternate date. Please be understanding and patient.
Use of Melville Hall/Officers' Club will be determined as follows:
- Family of Alumnus
- USMMA Faculty/Staff & Family
- Active Duty & Reserve Military & Family
- Merchant Mariner & Family
- Retired Military & Family
- Maritime Associations
- Academy Related Service
- Community Service Organizations
- Non Profit Organizations
- Federal/State/Local Governments
- Community Service Employees
- Academy Benefactors
- All Others, Limited
Updated: Tuesday, February 5, 2013